(STANDARD OR BIO-BASED)
Advanced performance for head and body positioning
HSS X-7® foams offer advanced performance for head & body positioning and face masks. Latex-free and available in a range of thicknesses, HSS X-7 foams offer higher elongation – over 300% – to help with conformability and pressure redistribution:
- Offer advanced performance – Latex-free foam with finer cell count (PPI) and lower density aids in patient comfort, while offering necessary support and adequate absorption.
- Can be customized – Foams come in a range of thicknesses and can be customized to assorted shapes, colors, packaging options.
- Provide high-grip, high-quality comfort – Lightweight, breathable material helps patient stay in position and reduce bed sores.
- Lower density for more comfortable, less obtrusive daily wear.
|Thickness||2.5mm + 0.50mm, 4.5mm +0.50mm|
|Tensile Strength (kPa)||160|
|Tear Strength (N/m)||300|
|Elongation at break (%)||200|
|Cell count (Pores/in)||170|
Key applications for patient positioning
- Wheelchair seating
- Splint padding
- Head & body positioners
- Face masks & straps
Porex can adapt our medical foam technology to your proprietary product characteristics including active ingredients, additives and laminates. We also have skiving, slitting, and laminating capabilities in our ISO 13485 certified facility in St. Charles, Michigan.
- Hydrophilic or hydrophobic
Sustainable design options
To lessen your end product’s dependence on fossil fuels, some of the ingredients in the final HSS X-7 foam can be replaced with bio-based products to create a largely bioplastic-based foam that looks, acts, and feels like the traditional foam. Bio-based HSS X-7 foam samples are available in our patient positioning foam kit. Reach out to us below for more information on bio-based foam options.