Our antimicrobial foam:
- Can be customized for patient positioning and surgery support applications.
- Provides fast, consistent performance– Optimized with polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB), and uniform distribution of active ingredients ensures fast-acting and consistent sustained release.
- Ensures higher long-term efficacy – Provides greater efficacy for gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria and fungal species.
- Has proven non-leaching antimicrobial activity – Non-leaching characteristics and antimicrobial activity at the foam surface tested and measured by Kirby Bauer Zone inhibition test method.
|Thickness||2.5mm + 0.50mm, 4.5mm +0.50mm|
|Tensile Strength (kPa)||160|
|Tear Strength (N/m)||300|
|Elongation at break (%)||200|
|Cell count (Pores/in)||170|
Key applications for patient positioning
- Splint padding
- Wearable reinforcement panels & inserts
How it works
Porex can adapt our medical foam technology to your proprietary product characteristics including active ingredients, additives and laminates. We also have skiving, slitting, and laminating capabilities in our ISO 13485 certified facility in St. Charles, Michigan.
- Hydrophilic or hydrophobic