Consistently absorb fluid along the strip with minimal backflow
Absorbent pads have a consistent wicking volume and rate to minimize backflow of excess reagents
The absorbent pad must be able to absorb all of the volume of the assay. Also known as a wick pad, POREX absorbent pads have high absorption capacities while maintaining the tensile strength needed for reel to reel manufacturing. POREX lateral flow assay pads do not include any glass fiber or cellulose, which ensures increased strength and durability for manufacturing.
Our synthetic polyolefin-based fiber is uniform and hydrophilic for consistent absorption.
- High absorptivity to minimize backflow of excess reagents
- Allows for larger total assay volume
- Rapid wicking to assist sample flow along the strip
- Reduced delamination when wet
Using Porous Plastics for Wicking
- Rolls – custom widths available
- Strips – cut to custom geometry