Maximize Ink Flow Delivery & Utilization of Your Highlighters
Porex highlighters and nibs use our decades of expertise in ink flow management to offer the perfect porosity and capillarity for the ultimate user experience. When paired with our reservoir, which uses optimal fiber type, density and wrap for your highlighter, you can create the ultimate ink flow management engine which can be tailored to the capillarity and dimensional requirements needed for your highlighter.
Watch how porous nibs and reservoirs work together to manage ink flow
Options for customizing nibs and reservoirs for highlighter markers
- Customizable ink flow, capillarity, fiber types/densities, wrap materials, and sizes/dimensions
- Maximum ink utilization
- Highest degree of leak protection
- Won’t fray or mushroom out
- Sharp, clear lines
- Sintered Particle Nibs (PE)
- Polyester fiber (PET)
- Water-based, solvent-based, or metallic* inks
- *PET material only
- Core Materials: Polyester or Polypropylene
- Exterior Materials: Extruded polypropylene, extruded nylon, extruded polyester, film & nonwoven
- Inks: Water-based, solvent-based, metallics, high pH
- Manufactured into nearly any imaginable shape
Watch our On-Demand Webinar
Using Porous Polymers for Applying
The Science of Ink Flow Management Brochure
For over 50 years, POREX® has been the trusted choice for optimized nib and reservoir combinations that deliver exceptional performance and an enhanced writing experience.
How it Works Video Series: The Science of Ink Flow Management
How does a coloring or whiteboard marker apply ink consistently without leakage to a paper? See how it works in this video.
High-Efficiency Reservoirs Brochure
Learn more about POREX® high-efficiency reservoirs for writing instruments, designed to reduce ink waste while simultaneously enhancing writing performance.
Science Inside Video Series: How Does Your Highlighter Marker Work?
Discover the engineering behind the porous plastic nib and reservoir combination for ink flow management that delivers a superb user experience.