Pneumatic silencers deliver durability, fast assembly, and cost efficiency
Manufacturers across the world choose POREX® pneumatic silencers to help meet noise mitigation, efficiency, airflow, and pressure drop requirements. Cost-effective pneumatic silencers made with our advanced porous plastic materials deliver long life and superior noise attenuation, along with additional key benefits to help you succeed in today’s competitive global markets:
Compared with a metal acoustical silencer, a Porex pneumatic silencer offers many advantages, with a porous polyethylene (PE) structure that significantly reduces weight, delivers greatly improved corrosion resistance and has the ability to filter particles and aerosols.
Options for standard and custom pneumatic silencers and mufflers
Key Features & Benefits
- Improved machine longevity with optimized design for greater reliability and efficiency.
- Enhanced performance with customized designs to meet efficiency, airflow and pressure drop requirements.
- Fit most standard valves – An extensive selection of sizes, including NPT, BSP, M5 and “push-in” styles.
- Effectively filter particulates and aerosols
- Mount easily — Injection-molded adapters are integrated into the silencers for easy mounting on pneumatic systems.
- Reduce pneumatic equipment noise – Engineered with a porous plastic structure, offering greater noise reduction than metal.
- Perform better than metal pneumatic silencers — Numerous advantages over metal silencers, including lower weight and improved corrosion resistance, durability, fast assembly and cost efficiency.
- 3D molded shapes
- Sizes designed to fit most standard valves including: NPT, BSP, M5 and “push-in” styles
|Material||Filter head: Porous, hydrophobic Polyethylene (PE) in blue, yellow, grey, orange,
Lower part: Polyethylene (PE)
|Thread Size||Standard silencer: M5, 1/8″, 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″, 3/4″, 1″ BSP or NPT
Push-in silencer: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 mm
Adjustable silencer: M5, 1/8″, 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″ BSP or NPT
|Pore size||60-130 µm|
|Max. operating pressure||10 bar|
|Application||Effectively reduce the noise level of pneumatic devices
Fine regulation of air flow
Filtering effectively particles and aerosols
Porex Virtek PTFE Common Joining Techniques
Watch to learn about common joining techniques for PTFE membranes for finished products to allow them to vent.
Specialty Filtration Solutions Brochure
Explore the breadth of custom-engineered specialty filtration solutions designed to meet your unique industrial filtration needs across multiple applications.
Porex Virtek® PTFE Vents for Cap Closures Brochure
Explore the portfolio of Porex Virtek® PTFE vents for cap closures that ensure container integrity during transportation and storage.
Porex Virtek PTFE Fact Sheet
Learn more about the distinctions between sintered Porex Virtek PTFE and ePTFE, enabling you to make informed decisions for your specific applications.