Superior material expertise for chromatography frits, filters and other applications
Known for its leadership and innovative solutions, Porex brings a wealth of engineering experience to the design and manufacture of porous plastics, porous composites, functionalized porous media, bio-activated porous media, and other high-performance porous materials in the separations industry.
Affinity Filters and Supports
POREX® affinity filters and supports are an innovative range of advanced porous materials that enhance functionality through surface modification or sorbent addition. Designed to capture, clean-up, desalt and purify peptides, proteins and oligonucleotides. POREX affinity filters and supports help optimize flow and retention variables and can be used in pipette tips, multi-well plates, spin down and gravity flow centrifuge columns.
POREX® Dissolution Filters are used in conjunction with pharmaceutical tablet and capsule products to help filter contaminates during the dissolution testing process. Heavy metal free POREX Dissolution Filters are available in cannula, circular/disk and filter frit designs in a wide variety of porosities.
SPE Frits & High Throughput Automation Filters
POREX® offers a variety of PE, PP and porous PTFE chromatography filters — commonly known as chromatography frits, for use in commercially available SPE columns, cartridges or multi-well SPE plates to facilitate column concentration to a vacuum manifold, needle or collection vessel. Hydrophilic, oleophobic, blended-resin, and functionalized materials are also available for use in the most challenging chromatography applications.
Protein Precipitation Media
Protein precipitation is widely used in downstream processing of biological products to concentrate proteins and purify them from various contaminants. POREX® Precipitation Membranes aid in the removal of contaminating lipids, salts and proteins from samples prior to LC-MS/MS without plugging or breakthrough. Designed to retain acetonitrile, methanol and other organic solvents our protein precipitation media solutions.
Options for chromatography media support and filters
Key Features & Benefits
Our POREX® chromatography products and media can be:
- Manufactured from multiple materials, including polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), and sintered polytetrafluorethylene (POREX Virtek® PTFE) for a wide range of applications, including separation columns and sample extraction techniques.
- Custom-designed for a variety of solutions, including chromatography Solid Phase Extraction (SPE) frits, high-throughput automation filters, affinity filters and supports, dissolution filters, and protein precipitation filters and media.
Free of PFOA, Porex chromatography frits and filters offer:
- Controlled flow for optimized reaction time (kinetic control).
- Superior resin support due to narrow pore size distribution.
- Cleanliness and high purity with very low levels of extractables, leachables and particle shedding.
- Custom designs in various disc, spherical, and other geometries to help ensure a tight material seal, optimized assembly operation and no resin bypass.
- Fast & easy assembly in mass production – rigid structure facilitates manufacturing processes.
- Compliance with (EC) 1907/2006 REACH / Regulation (EU) 2019/1021 POP
** Test results to be available in the future
Properties are typical and not meant for specifications. Selected options and adhesives may affect properties
Complete testing data and information is available upon request – all exceeded the standard BFE value of 98%
RoHS, WEEE, REACH Compliant (PFOA Free)
- Molded 3-D shapes
- Die-cut shapes
- Solid Phase Extraction (SPE) Media Supports (Frits) for Columns and Cartridges
- 48, 96, 384 and 1536 Well Plates
- Flash Chromatography Supports
- Low-Pressure Column Supports
- Protein Purification
- High Speed Automation
- Bioanalytical Analysis
- Drug Discovery
- Spin Columns
- Gravity Flow Centrifuge Columns
Watch our On-Demand Webinar
Using Porous Polymers for Filtration
Liquid Handling Media and Filters Brochure
Elevate your scientific outcomes with custom liquid and sample handling media and filters, featuring multiple options with Certified Pure Porex® materials.
Chromatography Solutions Brochure
Learn how to optimize your sample preparation device with a custom-engineered powerful frit.
Clinical Science Solutions Brochure
A comprehensive guide to the standard Porex clinical science portfolio of laboratory media and filters available through distribution.
Fortress Pipette Tip Filters – Brochure
Improve your scientific results with Fortress® pipette tip filters, which deliver unmatched aerosol and cross-contamination protection with complete sample retrieval.