Permanent Markers with Maximum Ink Utilization & Leak Protection
Porex offers two distinct reservoir technologies depending on the specific design needs of your permanent marker writing instrument:
- POREX® High Efficiency Reservoirs reduce ink waste, and improve end-of-life indication while enhancing performance, which is ideal for high-cost inks.
- POREX® XPE® Reservoirs are formed from a controlled density of fibers in an extruded seal, allowing you to contain and deliver the maximum amount of ink to your permanent markers.
Porex’s polyester fiber nibs use a combination of fiber and bonding resin, optimized for high ink flow and shaped to your permanent marker’s custom specifications.
Watch how porous nibs and reservoirs work together to manage ink flow
Options for customizing nibs and reservoirs for permanent markers
- Customizable ink flow, capillarity, fiber types/densities, wrap materials, and sizes/dimensions
- Maximum ink utilization
- Highest degree of leak protection
- Won’t fray or mushroom out
- Sharp, clear lines
- Polyester fiber (PET)
- Water-based, solvent-based, or metallic inks
- Core Materials: Polyester or Polypropylene
- Exterior Materials: Extruded polypropylene, extruded nylon, extruded polyester, film & nonwoven
- Inks: Water-based, solvent-based, metallics, high pH
- Manufactured into nearly any imaginable shape
Watch our On-Demand Webinar
Using Porous Polymers for Applying
The Science of Ink Flow Management Brochure
For over 50 years, POREX® has been the trusted choice for optimized nib and reservoir combinations that deliver exceptional performance and an enhanced writing experience.
How it Works Video Series: The Science of Ink Flow Management
How does a coloring or whiteboard marker apply ink consistently without leakage to a paper? See how it works in this video.
High-Efficiency Reservoirs Brochure
Learn more about POREX® high-efficiency reservoirs for writing instruments, designed to reduce ink waste while simultaneously enhancing writing performance.
Partnering with Crayola Video
Learn more about Porex’s longstanding partnership with Crayola for coloring marker reservoirs and nibs, including a story about the impact Crayola markers have had on our HR manager’s non-verbal son’s life.