Optimize Ink Flow Management for Whiteboard Markers
As a global leader in the science of ink flow management, Porex has a broad portfolio of products to optimize your whiteboard marker’s performance. Porex whiteboard marker nibs are designed with the perfect porosity and capillarity for the smoothest user experience. When paired with our reservoirs, which utilize optimal fiber type, density and wrap for your marker, users can maximize ink flow delivery and utilization while having the highest degree of leak protection possible. This combination creates the ultimate ink flow management engine that is tailored to your specific needs.
Porex offers two distinct nib technologies for use in whiteboard markers depending on the specific design needs of the marker:
- POREX® EveraNib™ combines the best features of POREX® sintered PE nibs and POREX® fiber nibs for smoother feel and greater durability, but without fraying or squeaking over time.
- POREX® polyester fiber nibs are compatible with most inks and are a combination of polyester fiber and bonding resin, optimized for high ink flow and shaped to your whiteboard marker’s specifications.
Manufactured into nearly any imaginable shape, both types of nibs for whiteboard markers are designed to work in tandem with reservoirs to deliver a consistently high ink flow.
Porex offers two distinct reservoir technologies for use in whiteboard markers depending on the specific design needs of the marker:
- POREX® High Efficiency Reservoirs reduce ink waste, and improve end-of-life indication while enhancing performance, which is ideal for high-cost inks.
- POREX® XPE® Reservoirs are formed from a controlled density of fibers in an extruded seal, allowing you to contain and deliver the maximum amount of ink to your whiteboard markers.
Watch how porous nibs and reservoirs work together to manage ink flow
Options for customizing whiteboard marker nibs and reservoirs
Key Features & Benefits
- Customizable ink flow, capillarity, fiber types/densities, wrap materials, and sizes/dimensions
- Maximum ink utilization
- Highest degree of leak protection
- Won’t fray or mushroom out
- Sharp, clear lines
|Polyester Fiber Nibs (PET)|
|Nib Materials||Polyester fibers (PET)|
|Writing Applications||Permanent markers
|Customizable Options||Ink flow
Size and dimensions
|Exterior Materials||Extruded polypropylene
Film and nonwoven
White board markers
Permanent markers and more
|Customizable Options||Performance features
Sizes and dimensions
Watch our On-Demand Webinar
Using Porous Plastics for Applying
The Science of Ink Flow Management Brochure
For over 50 years, POREX® has been the trusted choice for optimized nib and reservoir combinations that deliver exceptional performance and an enhanced writing experience.
How it Works Video Series: The Science of Ink Flow Management
How does a coloring or whiteboard marker apply ink consistently without leakage to a paper? See how it works in this video.
High-Efficiency Reservoirs Brochure
Learn more about POREX® high-efficiency reservoirs for writing instruments, designed to reduce ink waste while simultaneously enhancing writing performance.
Partnering with Crayola Video
Learn more about Porex’s longstanding partnership with Crayola for coloring marker reservoirs and nibs, including a story about the impact Crayola markers have had on our HR manager’s non-verbal son’s life.