Improved conjugate release with optimized handling, manufacturing, and performance
Conjugate pads consistently and efficiently absorb and release for more accurate downstream detection
The conjugate pads in lateral flow assays (LFA) absorb functionalized conjugate and release it efficiently and reproducibly when the assay is run. Therefore, consistent uptake and release rate of the conjugate, as well as diminished non-specific binding, are key requirements. One of the most important influences from the conjugate pad material is its play in developing a consistent control and test line in every single test. We offer a synthetic polyolefin fiber that consistently and efficiently absorbs and releases conjugate to allow for accurate downstream detection. POREX conjugate pads have demonstrated complete release for varying types of labels, including gold or latex.
The robustness of the material ensures an easy adaption for reel-to-reel applications, as well as soaking and spraying processing steps. POREX conjugate pads do not include any glass fiber or cellulose, which ensures increased strength and durability for manufacturing.
- Complete release of conjugate generating strong test and control line signal
- Robust material, ensuring an easy adaption for reel-to-reel applications
- Superior tensile strength when wet; ideal for soaking or spraying processing
- Improved material consistency, both within lot and lot-to-lot
- Wide range of customized length, thickness, and density for challenging applications
- Pretreatments including buffering and stabilizing agents available for ease of manufacturing
- Can be designed to integrate sample collection pad or conjugate pad into one item
Using Porous Plastics for Wicking
- Rolls – custom widths available
- Strips – cut to custom geometry
Custom pretreatments available, including buffering and surfactant
Contact us for more info or to request a sample today
From high volume urine pads for pregnancy tests, to lower volume nasal swab samples for COVID . . .
The absorbent pad must be able to absorb all of the volume of the assay.
Datasheet: Sample Pads Media for Lateral-Flow Tests
Datasheet: Absorbent Pads Media for Lateral-Flow Tests