Controlled absorption and filtration for a wide range of sample types and volumes
The sample pad is the first component that the sample interacts with on the lateral flow assay (LFA) strip
From high-volume urine pads for pregnancy tests, to lower-volume nasal swab samples for COVID tests, POREX sample pads absorb a specific volume at a controlled rate to promote uniform release onto the conjugate pad and subsequently the membrane. POREX sample pads also support filtration of sample contaminants and can be pre-treated to prepare the sample for downstream interactions on the strip. The robustness of POREX synthetic fiber pads ensures an easy adaptation for reel-to-reel applications, as well as soaking or spraying processing steps. POREX sample pads do not include any glass fiber or cellulose, which ensures increased strength and durability for manufacturing.
Our synthetic polyolefin-based fiber is uniform and hydrophilic for consistent absorption.
- Controlled absorption and filtration for a wide range of sample types and volumes
- Robust material when wet, ensuring an easy adaptation for reel-to-reel applications for sprayed or dipped pretreatments
- Customized geometries and pretreatments available
Using Porous Plastics for Wicking
- Rolls – custom widths available
- Strips – cut to custom geometry
(Custom pretreatments available, including buffering and surfactant )