Controlled absorption and filtration for a wide range of sample types and volumes
The sample pads are the first component that the sample interacts with on the lateral flow assay (LFA) strip
From high-volume urine pads samples for pregnancy tests, to lower-volume nasal swab samples for COVID tests, POREX sample pads absorb a specific volume at a controlled rate to promote uniform release onto the conjugate pad and subsequently the membrane. POREX sample pads also support filtration of sample contaminants and can be pre-treated with buffering agents, detergents, blocking agents and preservatives to prepare the sample for downstream interactions on the strip.
Whether your sample is clinical, food, or environmental, POREX lateral flow sample pads or external filtration materials can ensure appropriate sample purification to maximize the specificity and sensitivity of the LFA. Our synthetic polyolefin-based fiber is uniform and hydrophilic for consistent absorption. POREX sample pads assist the flow of the analyte along the strip regardless of sample viscosity.
The robustness of POREX synthetic fiber pads ensures an easy adaptation for reel-to-reel applications, as well as soaking or spraying processing steps. POREX sample pads do not include any glass fiber or cellulose, which ensures increased strength and durability for manufacturing.
- Controlled absorption and filtration for a wide range of sample types and volumes
- Robust material when wet, ensuring an easy adaptation for reel-to-reel applications for sprayed or dipped pretreatments
- Rapid absorption and wicking delivers sample to the conjugate pad quickly
- Improved material consistency, both within lot and lot-to-lot
- Wide range of customized length, thickness, and density for challenging applications
- Pretreatments including buffering agents, detergents, blocking agents and preservatives available for ease of manufacturing
- Can be designed to integrate sample collection pad or conjugate pad into one item
Using Porous Plastics for Wicking
- Rolls – custom widths available
- Strips – cut to custom geometry
(Custom pretreatments available, including buffering and surfactant )
Porex hydrophilic conjugate pads consistently and efficiently absorb and release conjugate to allow for accurate downstream detection.
The absorbent pad must be able to absorb all of the volume of the assay.
Datasheet: Sample Pads Media for Lateral-Flow Tests
Datasheet: Conjugate Release Pads Media for Lateral-Flow Tests
Datasheet: Absorbent Pads Media for Lateral-Flow Tests